As a Secondary Education major at ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥app, you can change the future of every student in your future classroom. Prepare to teach grades seven to 12 in this program leading to Pennsylvania Department of Education secondary certification.
|Varies by Concentration
Why Study Secondary Education at Wilkes?
Class work, mentoring by experienced education faculty, and field experiences as early as your second semester will give you the tools and practice you need to become a successful educator who can make a difference in the lives of your students.
Couple the Secondary Education major or minor with one of nine required content area majors that will qualify you to teach a particular subject at the high school level. This double major or minor will combine to give you the qualifications to distinguish yourself in a public or private school classroom.
What Will You Learn as a Secondary Education Student?
- Develop skills in assessment and classroom management.
- Learn methods and strategies to differentiate instruction and put into practice a variety of educational strategies to teach students with varied needs and learning styles.
- Gain skills and knowledge of practices that include students with special needs into the general education classroom.
- Cultivate collaboration and communication skills in field experiences.
- Learn to be flexible and work with many different personalities.