The ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥app Police Department is committed to providing a safe environment for students, faculty, staff and campus visitors.
The ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥app Service Center serves the University faculty, staff, students, and the extended community in the achievement of a safe, secure, and healthful work environment in support of the University's educational mission and its role as a catalyst in the local community's advancement.
The Service Center is at your service 24/7.
Whether the sink in your dorm is leaking, a chandelier lightbulb needs to be changed, a campus lecture needs tables and chairs or you want an escort to your dorm after a class, call us and we'll be there for you.
It is the University's intention to comply with all federal, state, and local ordinances and regulations and provide an environment free of recognized and anticipated hazards. The University Service Center is a steward of the University for the recognition, evaluation and control of security, environmental, and safety concerns.
We are Committed to...
- Establishing a cohesive and supportive work environment encouraging innovation, an emphasis on customer service, open and clear communication, efficient and effective action, and continuous improvement.
- Providing for the protection of persons and property through crime and loss prevention programs and services.
- Developing services that promote health, safety and environmental responsibility through partnerships, guidance and education.
- Increasing public awareness, support and involvement in our community policing efforts while remaining focused on our primary responsibility of crime prevention.
- Become an integral and valuable part of the university community; one that each day and every action earns the trust and respect of the campus community.
- Achieve voluntary compliance with rules, regulations and laws through educational initiatives and equal and consistent application of our enforcement efforts.
- Being prepared for a rapid and effective response to any emergent situation in order to prevent and/or minimize injury, loss, and operational disruptions.
- Continual improvement both personally and professionally by seeking input and feedback, while striving for excellence in the delivery of our services.
Maintaining a safe and secure campus takes commitment from both our office and the campus community, working together. Be aware of your surroundings. Watch out for yourself, and for others. Be alert for anything that may be suspicious. Trust your instincts, and never hesitate to call Public Safety for assistance.
All ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥app community members are encouraged to report all crimes and safety-related issues to Public Safety in a timely manner. To report an incident, use the Campus Security Authority Incident Report Form or contact the Department of Public Safety at 570-408-4999.
The Department of Public Safety is responsible for all campus safety and security matters. Our dedicated staff of patrol officers traverse the campus and its perimeter 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Department of Public Safety maintains an excellent relationship the Wilkes-Barre Police Department and other law enforcement agencies.
The Department of Public Safety prepares this webpage, including the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report, to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act. This report is prepared in cooperation with local law enforcement agencies surrounding the campus and the Department of Public Safety.