The investments industry is ever-changing. Professionals who can navigate risk and make sound financial decisions are in high demand. Our financial investments major will prepare you to become a trusted financial investment professional who can secure strong, stable portfolios for your clients.
|123 (18 for minor)
Why Study Financial Investments at Wilkes?
Gain an edge with our financial investments major. Our highly focused finance curriculum will give you more in-depth knowledge than a generalized finance degree. Learn how to analyze financial data as a professional, with access to our state-of-the-art Cardell Financial Center and its 12 dedicated Bloomberg terminals. ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥appcan prepare you to enter the field as a sound, trusted professional with all the experience and knowledge youâ€™ll need to succeed.
What Will You Learn as a Financial Investments Student?
- Gain a working knowledge of investment theory and how to apply these principles when making financial decisions.
- Learn how to use financial models to estimate expected returns and optimize portfolios.
- Grasp how to analyze and manage risk and how to effectively explain and communicate the trade-off between risk and returns to clients.
- Develop problem-solving skills by appropriately applying acquired knowledge of investment theory and investment valuation.
- Understand relevant regulatory and professional standards and how to apply that authoritative guidance appropriately.