Center for Career Development and Internships
Career preparation begins in your first year at ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥app.
The experts at the Center for Career Development and Internships can help you find your career path and guide you through building your resume, interviewing, internships and job search.
How Can the Center Help You?
- Begin preparing for life after college in your very first year on campus via Wilkes' unique Career Gateway Program.
- Access , an online network connecting college students with more than 500,000 companies from across the country.
- with a Career and Internship Professional to discuss all your options.
- Visit the Career Resource Library, where we have resources for every stop of your job search from writing your resume to the big interview.
- Meet potential employers at career fairs each academic year.
- Get personalized help writing your resume, cover letter or graduate school application.
- Participate in mock interviews in-person or through .
- Learn business etiquette.
- Develop your personal brand and learn how to market yourself to prospective employers.
- Find internships and cooperative learning experiences at companies and organizations.
- Connect with the ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥appalumni network and business leaders.
- Need help getting started? with a career ambassador.
As soon as you arrive on campus, the four-year Career Gateway Program begins preparing you for life beyond college. Youâ€™ll access career coaching, mentoring, workshops, site visits to regional employers, networking events and internships.
Whether you are looking for internships, applying to graduate school or preparing to enter the job market, these classes provide key insights to help you prosper outside the classroom.
The Handshake online network connects ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥appstudents with internships and career opportunities across the country. More than 500,000 companies use Handshake to connect and build relationships.
Our team of peer career ambassadors will help you prepare for your future career goals and aspirations.
job / graduate school placement rateAsterisk
average number of students gaining real-world experience through the center every year
career and internship fairs hosted on campus each academic year
Cooperative Education & Internships
Gain real world experience, clarify your career choice and confirm your future. We can pair you with the perfect productive work experience!
The Center for Career Development and Internships has helped me to prepare for my four internships with promising companies. I was able to grow as a professional and network with potential employers.Ashlee Przywara | Marketing Major
(The director) helped me reorganize and revamp my resume so that it was more appealing to employers.Logan Gabrielson â€™21 | Environmental Engineering Major
Working in the Career Center has provided me with many great resources and support that have significantly contributed to my success in the graduate school application process.Monica Morrison | Psychology Major
ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥apphas consistently provided quality interns, ready to enter the workforce and provide immediate value to employers.Reginald Miller | Borton-Lawson