Position yourself to become a leader in the growing field of Geographic Information Science with a certificate from ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥app. This hybrid program combines convenient online learning with face-to-face classes and experiential learning.
Why Study Geographic Information Science at Wilkes?
Opportunities for professionals with interdisciplinary skills in geographic information science continue to grow as governments and businesses seek to track inventory, manage resources, make decisions based on geographically based data, and bridge the digital divide.
Apply skills learned in a variety of fields, including:
- Crime statistics.
- Natural hazard mapping and prediction.
- Resource management.
- Climate change.
- Health and disease.
- Business analytics.
For industry professionals and community members with no bachelorâ€™s degree, and for students currently working toward a degree
For professionals with a bachelorâ€™s degree or some prior experience who want to pursue further skills and Geographic Information Systems Professional certification through the Geographic Information Science Certification Institute
What Will You Learn?
- Youâ€™ll learn theory and practice of geographic positioning systems and fundamentals of geographic information systems, geo-spatial data analytics, remote sensing and cartography.
- Explore advanced geographic information systems topics such as geo-statistics and geo-spatial modeling, algorithm development and programming, photogrammetry and planetary remote sensing.
- Solve real-world problems using industry equipment, tools and software, including drones, infrared cameras and high-precision GPS systems.
- Develop geo-spatial analytics skills.
- Understand and maintain professional practices and adhere to ethical responsibilities.
- Acquire the knowledge base and skills to obtain professional licensure and/or certifications in the geo-spatial industry.
- Gain communications, team building and computing skills required for successful professional practice.