Nesbitt School of Pharmacy
Your White Coat Awaits
At the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy, we are training and preparing the future leaders in the field of pharmacy.
News & Successes
The ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥app Nesbitt School of Pharmacy has been awarded a full, eight-year continued accreditation by the American Council for Pharmacy Education. The continued accreditation term extends through June 30, 2029.
Three ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥appstudents recently received educational grants from Lambda Kappa Sigma, a professional pharmacy fraternity that provides lifelong opportunities for women in pharmacy through professional excellence and personal growth.
Careers in Pharmacy
Geisinger Health Systemâ€™s Daniel Longyhore, PharmD '02 discusses the future of pharmacy careers with Scott Stolte, PharmD.
first-time NAPLEX (licensure) pass rate, consistently exceeding the national average
years of scholarship awards for students in the pre-pharmacy guaranteed-seat program
MPJE pass rate for ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥appPharmD grads taking the Pennsylvania exam
The ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥apppharmacy program is perfect for those like me whoSidney McNeil - P2 Student
love a professional, goal-oriented environment that still feels like a
home away from home.
I feel more than prepared to work each day as a pharmacist and leader with the U.S. Air Force because of the values instilled within me by the faculty and staff at Wilkes.Cody Morcom â€™20, PharmD - Captain and Pharmacist, U.S. Air Force
I originally chose ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥appfor its nationally recognized pharmacy program. Once on campus, I found other aspects that make it great, such as endless activities and club events happening daily.Nathaniel Edwards - P3 Student
I was able to stay heavily involved in activities within and outside of pharmacy school. It is a very close-knit community, and my professors were always there when I needed help.Lauren Hertzog â€™20, PharmD - Lieutenant and Pharmacist, U.S. Public Health Service
PharmD Program Accreditation
ÐÓ°ÉÖ±²¥appâ€™s Doctor of Pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
The Nesbitt School of Pharmacy is accredited by the American Council for Pharmacy Education through June 30, 2029.
The Nesbitt School of Pharmacy Strategic Planning Committee completed an updated five-year strategic plan for 2017-2022. The committee worked with internal and external stakeholders to solicit input related to key strategic initiatives. Stakeholders included faculty and staff members, student pharmacists, alumni, members of the university community outside of the school, the Deanâ€™s Advisory Council and pharmacists in a variety of settings.
The Strategic Initiatives
- Recruit, enroll and retain a high-performing, diverse student body.
- Foster excellence and innovation in the professional didactic and experiential curriculum that is based on the current and projected landscape of healthcare, pharmacy practice, and educational delivery.
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders of the school and university.
- Discover knowledge and advance education, science and clinical practice through the creation of sustainable research/scholarship programs for faculty, staff and students.
- Invest in administrators, faculty, and staff who will contribute to the schoolâ€™s success.
- Promote facilities development to support an optimal learning environment for students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Strengthen the schoolâ€™s finances to support the schoolâ€™s mission.
Measurable action items, outcomes, responsible parties and target accomplishment dates have been established for each strategic initiative. The strategic plan and accompanying initiatives will guide our prioritization of attention and resources to ensure that the school is positioned well for continued, future success.